Sunday, January 09, 2005

Gracias por el HTML, Papí

Yay! I have a recommended reading list for the blogs I check all the time. I have a slight compulsion for checking blogs - it's embarrassing to admit.

I wanted to change the HTML on my template to make it a slightly less cookie-cutter but I don't know what I am doing. I know about as much HTML as I know Spanish and in both cases this consists of tiny scraps I remember from high school and bits absorbed from popular culture.

  1. Hello
  2. My name is
  3. One more beer please.
  4. Hey Daddy!
  5. How do you say....?
  6. Let's go!
  7. Library
  8. Desk
  9. Book
  10. Pencil

Thus, making structural changes to a webpage depends mostly on luck and the trial-and-error method...much like trying to find a bathroom in a foreign country. After mucking with the template and getting very frustrated I went to the in-house authority on the subject. Enter stage right: The Programming Brawler. He was more than happy to give me the correct HTML tags and help me find where to place them in the template. How kind! After which he began to review some of my recent posts. He found my New Years Eve post mildly amusing:

Noir: Darling, do you think I'm a tart?
Fella: (Apathetic affirmative grunting) Um-hum.
Noir: (Shocked exclamation) You do? Does it upset you? Are you angry with me?
Fella: Nah, I don't care. It might give me a reason to pick a fight with someone.


6 Comments:

Blogger greyguitar said...

I knew I felt my ear burning earlier. Alas, it was just a link to my blog. I have also added you--but mainly to look like I have friends. Haha.

Slight compulsion?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

It may be a true compulsion; however, I am not qualified to diagnose my behavior one way or another. According to the DSM IV, The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual - Fifth edition, the goal of a compulsion is to reduce anxiety or distress, not to provide pleasure or gratification.

Thus, I have to assume that I am not suffering from some type of OCD, just my regular problem: Over indulgence in life’s pleasures.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Oops, I deleted my own post. Please excuse the user error.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Thank you Carrie. By the way, I think The Brawling Programmer should have his own TV show, or at the very least his own blog: The Adventures of _____, The Brawling Programmer.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Every now and then he says he's going to start a blog. He says it will be a *technical* blog - but I'll list it anyway. Heck, why not.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home