Monday, October 23, 2006

Clydesdale Queen

I’m thinking about running in a local 5k race this Novemeber known as the “Turkey Trot” for runners and walkers.

There are several categories to place as a winner: one for youngsters, one for the older people, and a third category known as the “Clydesdales”. This aptly named category is for heavyweight runners over a certain poundage. I’m not that far off from being able to compete in the Clydesdale category – pretty damn close actually. I was thinking about entering under that category (who would know? They aren’t going to make us weigh-in) – but I had to ask myself, what would I do if I actually placed?

I’d have to go up to the podium to accept the Clydesdale trophy, raise it above my head triumphantly and declare:
Hey world! Look at me! I’m Queen of the Fatties!

4 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Kid-o, most women hate you for an instant when they pass you on the street.

And if you say you don't know what a spectacular complement that is, then you're either not a woman or you're a liar.

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say run it in a Clydesdale costume, then when you beat everyone, bust out and claim your prize.

I'll be rootin' for you. I love 5Ks.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Thank you Mr. Latigo. If I were to trust any fella on the subject of a woman's psyche – it would be you. And know what? You’re dead on.

Thanks Robin! A Clydesdale costume – what a marvelous idea! This will be my first 5k – I’ll imagine you there at the finish line cheering for me all wild-like.

7:39 AM  
Blogger cl said...

Sounds like the honor of winning the NIT. "We're number 65!"

I have never met you but doubt you are in the horse category, sister!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home