Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sleepiness as a catalyst for nerd jokes

Whew. It’s been a while and I apologize.

Work has been heavy in the extreme and, of course, I did submit to the press secretary position. In addition I’ve started a kickboxing class (thanks Echo), so my days activities have been flowing over the rim with precious little time to tend to the blog.

But today is Saturday and I’m having a Black Russian, listening to something bluesy/jazzy on the radio and I have focus. Focus.

There are two people I work with who have different names but happen to share the same initials: “MC”. They are both in sales and additionally they share a lot of projects. As it happened, last week I was up very early in the morning putting together a status report with initials to indicate who is responsible for each project, as is my post. And I discovered that at one in the morning, assigning a project to “MC²” is absolutely hilarious.

2 Comments:

Blogger bloggin the Question said...

A friend from Newcastle had post code NE1 4NE. IF MC squared wanted one, then I'm sure there's some kind of joke there.
Equally lame: Is submitting to the press secretary position like settling for the missionary position.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Hee hee! The “press secretary position” – I keep trying to think up what that would be like and I’ve got nothing. Nothing.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home