Thursday, December 08, 2005

Side Note

I was made today.

It's times like these when I wonder if I'm not really cut out for the business. Part of my job involves "secret shopping" aka lying through teeth. I phoned about 20 business yesterday and told them a complete lie. Today, one person called me back - and called me out. It's upsetting. I hate lying to people and I'm so bad at it.

I feel compelled to do something bad. Something like go to the Burger King and order a "veggie meat" sandwich. And fries. Grotesque.

Public Notice:
To all the businesses I called yesterday - so sorry if you spent any time following up on the line I fed you. If it means anything to you, those that took the time to figure me out – you’re an above average company and we’d probably love to do your marketing. You’ve got a good staff who’s serious ‘bout gettin’ the business. Merry Christmas or whatever.


Maybe it’s time for me to think about gettin’ some honest work. That, or the winter is beginning to suffocate me again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have acted like you never called them.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Great idea, Dr. Smarty-Pants.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie, Merry Christmas!!! :)

Jevons

12:33 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Thanks Jevons! Happy birthday (almost) to you!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home