Thursday, June 02, 2005

Wireless internet discovered!

Hello all! Just a side-note, I've been drinking leftover red wedding wine and my id is conducting this guest post. Sorry for the long delay...I've been preoccupied.

We're in the Pocono Mountains and we've just now found internet access. For the last few days I've thought to myself "If I were a hard-core blogger, I would have given hour-by-hour (or at least day-by-day) accounts of The Wedding." But I'm not and I didn't.

Here is the overview:

Because there were numerous thunderstorm forecasts, I had consoled myself that a rainy wedding day would be very "noir" and thus, not too bad. However, my aunt, a nun, offered to be in charge of the weather. I agreed and it turned out to be a perfectly beautiful day; sunny with puffy white clouds.

The ceremony was lovely, the reception was awesome. The swing band was worth every penny even after I paid for an extra two hours overtime.

The cake was grand, the catering was two hours late but divine none-the-less, the wine was plentiful and anyone who didn't attend missed out on a hell of a party. That's all I'm going to say about that, buster.

Afterwards we took off to a semi-swank hotel bar to meet up with the youths for drinks. I had 1.75 dirty martinis. Lost part of a martini on my dress due to drunkenness and a surprise guest. You lying sack of shit. Not that it matters - dirty martinis don't really leave much of a stain.

Anyway, we stayed in the semi-swank hotel and the next morning I realized I didn't bring any luggage for us. Normally this wouldn't be a problem.

So...he put on his tux and I my wedding dress and we shlepped ourselves, (hung over and stinky) out to a nearby clothier. I felt like such a fool standing in line for the fitting room with my wedding dress on. Imagine.

It was a bitchen' party. I'll post some pictures soon on the wedding site. Until then you'll just have to keep your pants on and wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger cl said...

Aw, congratulations! Please post some pics, too! I am on a writing hiatus, not a lurking hiatus.

8:18 PM  
Blogger greyguitar said...

Wow, congratulations!

You should have went to a bridal store the next day in your dress and asked to try on their dresses.

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Mary K. Wenzel said...

T get all type of dress, you should go boutiqueken that is a online shopping store and able to meet your demand

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home