Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Good Luck Boys

Welp, I'm getting hitched in 6 days.

The Fella took off for ole' Kalamazoo yesterday for what I hope was a bitchen' bachelor party. I hope there was at least one naked girl there, but probably not. It's entirely possible that they ruined one another on the chess board all evening with 40s and Doritos, but probably not.

The most likely scenario is that they opened the house to the entire neighborhood, brought in a keg and played music real, real loud. He prefers tequila and so it's likely there was a bottle of that around. Striper? I don't know if the boys had enough money for a stripper. There is a lesbian who hangs around quite a bit - she might get naked for them.

Good luck boys.

***


I miss my Mikes. I won't see any of them for quite a while if ever again...

One of my Mikes is in Hawaii, dark and distant. Miss you sometimes. We haven't talked in a while; the worst part is that it's not like I don't know why.

Another Mike's wife is having open heart surgery this Friday. He himself is treating his prostate cancer successfully. I won't have a chance to share in a bottle of whisky with them until they both recover.

The third Mike, living his last days in the east. I miss you very much. I understand he purchased a college degree and moved from the Philippines to Korea where he taught English, wore $1000 suits and incited bar brawls. Last I heard he walked out on his teaching contract (what does he care about the consequences, he's dying of cancer) to explore Vietnam.

Good luck boys.

***


I've been reading an epic blog recently The Gimp Report It's of an emergency firefighter who, while fighting an arson blaze in Kentucky, was smashed to near death by a tree - leaving him paraplegic. Of course reading it makes any notion of sadness I've ever experienced seem rather trite.

Good luck, good luck.

5 Comments:

Blogger greyguitar said...

Wow, one second I was smiling, then I was laughing, then I was feeling remorse all from this one post. Heh. GOOD LUCK to you.

I have a few frogs that would love to be ringbearers if you're needing one.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Charlie Loudowl said...

I like this - nice post!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

So? Come on. How was the wedding? And whatcha been doin since?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Hearty congratulations to the Programmer and the Muse.

(And if the brawling programmer didn't at least get into a tiny brawl at the reception I'm going to be very disappointed.)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Robin, Thanks for the note. And good luck right back atcha. :)

Trite, Thank you, thank you. It's always nice to get a comment from you.

Mike, The Wedding was a wonderful and delirious expenditure of money. A complete hit! I am currently honeymooning and thrilled as all-get-out because we've finally found Internet! Yay!

Mr. Flint, after the last wedding incident, I've made him promise to never, ever get into a fist fight at any future wedding. Or funeral. Further more, I made him promise not to get into any brawls for two weeks before our wedding (in order to prevent black eyes/broken noses in the photos) It's been a long two weeks for him, and he is glad to be relieved from being a gentlemen - but his word is golden.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home