Tuesday, February 22, 2005

WinBook hell in the Midwest.

Oh my god. These help desk losers make me want to choke. I just got Mr. Big Bosses laptop back today from the repair center in California. I was under the mistaken impression they were going to repair it – but no. Nine days after I shipped it to them it’s still a piece of crap.

Note to self: Never ever buy WinBook. The support sucks.


I asked the programming brawler to call them and find out why it’s still not working. They told him they weren’t sure what the problem was and to ship it back for repair. The boy is a true softie and just said ok.

I was so pissed off about it. How am I supposed to tell Mr. Big Boss that his computer is going to be shipped back across the country when we just got it back? There has got to be something they could do. What I wanted was for them to find me a local place who would lend me a computer for the time being.

I call the repair center and use the Brooklyn “Don’t mess with me” persona:

“Yeah. Hello? Whom I talkn’ to here, eh? So I got this computer back from yous guys and it’s still not workin. I wanna know what I got to do to get a computer that works. I just sent it to you nine days ago, and I just got it back and the tech guy is tellin’ me it’s not workin. You know what I’m talking about? You know how much it’s costin’ me to send it to you?

“What? No, I don’t know any thing about this safe mode what you’re talking about. All’s I know is I got a computer here, and he’s telln’ me that I gotta’ send it to you again. And I gotta tell my boss that hes not getting his computer and you know what? You know who’s gonna get chewed out? Yeah. Me buddy.”


And so on. For an hour. Normally Midwesterners are swiftly cowed into submission when someone takes an aggressive stance and uses clipped vowels. Apparently the computer techs on the west coast are not similarly affected.

Well, I got them to pay for the shipping anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Well, small victories accumulate.

(Perhaps you should have fed the brawling programmer a fifth of scotch before he made his call. The outcome might have been different.)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Hummm. I'm sure you are right. He prefers tequila, and after a fifth of that...well, the out come would have been more interesting anyhow.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home