Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lofts and Ephedra

Whenever I go back to my old town, someone always asks me where I've been living. I respond that I live in Detroit. Inevitably, there is always at least one who will raise a contorted hand gesture in a mock gang symbol and ask "D-town? Dawg? Are you tough?"

To answer "Detroit" is simple. To answer "Detroit" is to the point. I am not posing as hard inner city youth when I say I'm from Detroit. It would be more accurate to say "I live in a tame suburb of Detroit" or "I am from a South Eastern Michigan town near Detroit."

Is it wrong to prefer concentrated word groups rather than elaborate descriptions of my location?

I may soon be able to raise my own contorted hand gesture in reply as I just looked at a beautiful loft in downtown Detroit yesterday. The lofts made out of converted abandoned buildings are just the thing. I can't do them justice here, but I will take a photo tour this weekend and post some pictures. The apartments are so fantastic - stained concrete floors, industrial windows, exposed brick and ducts. Truly a dream residence.

Also - I went to old town for a visit and before returning I went to fill up the tank at a truly backwater burg gas station. Amazingly, they hadn't gotten the memo that all the trucker's ephedra pills were supposed to be sent back to the manufacturer. I purchased all four boxes for a mere $5 a piece. HA! If only those fools knew what an ephedra pill would go for on eBay baby! I've hit gold. Yahoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

When you sit atop your ephedra bootlegging operation you can have anyone who annoys you with mock gang signs whacked.

(Residing in a downtown, converted loft is just about as hip as can be.)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I tell you whut...

You let me hang out at your loft and buzz on your ephedra and I'll let you change the baby's next really nasty diaper.

Deal?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Gunslinger, I'm not so sure about the "whacking" as you call it. I can promise, however, that I will be a fair and just ruler.

As long as it's super stinky, Mike, you've got yourself a deal.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home