Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Wedding contest entry

I don't really mind being on mailing lists. I'm in marketing myself, it's part of my trade.

Lately I've been entering so many wedding contests I simply have to be on every wedding mailing list in South East Michigan. I am about to enter another. This is a essay contest and one lucky couple is going to win the opportunity to get married in the local mall. (Not the ritzy mall - the other one...) The casual reader might question why I would enter such a contest, as I have a baker and rentals lined up for trades. Well, the "exciting" part of this contest is the lump of money the sponsors are going to fork over for ancillary products and services. If I win I will have to endure a circus wedding in the center court of the other mall - but I will also be able to afford a couple of nice wedding bands, luggage, a spa day and a tux for the fella. Hell, I can always have the real wedding as planned - this will just be the rehearsal.

Bring on the junk mail - I'll use it to stoke my fireplace.



5 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Do we get to read the essay?

4:51 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

This is kinda unrelated too, but I enjoy reading your blog and I wanted to link it from mine - just wanted to make sure that was okay with you?

7:35 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Mr. Latigo, If I win – absolutely.

Mandy, I would be so flattered and will reciprocate if you agree?

11:09 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

Yay! Don't feel obligated, but I would be flattered as well. Thanks!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Update: Dang! My mildly amusing limericks lost. Poo.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home