Sunday, January 23, 2005

Hello? Is this thing on?

Hello. This report coming to you from deep within a vodka martini and pamprin induced state.

A quick update for my own posterity:

1. We now have a rental company securely on the line for the wedding. For one webpage and hosting we get the works - linens, tables, chairs, chargers, goblets and everything else. The catering and flowers are on deck for a website trade. We had a planning meeting today, hence the vodka. This is really becoming the white wedding I've never imagined. I feel more or less ambivalent about the plan for the enormous party that is taking shape - it's the ridiculous amount of effort required that I regret.

2. The evil twins have forgiven me for the rubber claw covers. Not to say, however, they have learned to appreciate blunt talons. I've been reapplying one claw per evening on average. They chew them off you see, I hear them working their claws at night. I hear them ripping at them with their teeth. Unsettling.

3. {deleted}

4. Last night I had the most delicious meal of my life. Forgive me, I've never had a five course meal before. First: Hummus dollop and toast chip. Second: Mushroom bric with almond butter sauce. Third: Emily's Salad. Fourth: Squash Ravioli, polenta, and some other type sauce. Desert: Delish date tartlet. The server brought one tiny roll between every course - we lavishly spread house churned butter on them. My wine glass never went dry and I'm not sure who refilled it. The adorable, pink cheeked busboy made me feel like a dirty old lady. All the busboys were 17 years old and thin enough to look good in pleated pants. Yummy. And as a bonus, truffles with the check. Happy 50th anniversary Art and Joyce. Wow, what a milestone.

5. Darling Dori, sorry I missed your 26th birthday party. God, are we getting old or what?

6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – a comment. Moving. Balled over it for too long – the characters were a little too close for comfort. The effect was something reminiscent of looking into the eyes in the mirror while drunk. Or tripping. Just a little too much.

7. Mother, are you enjoying the Florida weather? The Midwestern clouds have dumped a foot of snow on our metro area. I’m looking forward to seeing you next month.

8. You know sometimes I get so flushed, it’s interesting. Do your palms ever itch?

9. Fortune for today: One white chicklet. Three green, two yellow, two pink, one orange.

10. Now to put my Christmas gift to good use. Twin Peaks the series, vodka martini, and a hot fire.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lefty said...

Do you have Season 2? We have season 1, the fist 8, and I have never been able to find the second set. Mandy has never seen them and I refuse to tell her who killed Laura Palmer (it wouldn't make sense anyways).

7:24 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Bodie,
I do have the second season of Twin Peaks – but only because I am intimately acquainted with an internet renegade. I make requests and a few days later my media appears. I don’t ask questions about it. However, I did just get a legitimate box set as a gift – complete with the Log Lady intros an’ everything. I’m not a big Hollywood fan, but Twin Peaks is a classic that I recommend to everyone.

I’ve personally tried to initiate at least three people, with only one success. It’s hard to find the time for a 16 episode marathon, isn’t it? And with the suspense it’s nearly impossible to stop in the middle of the series. Then the hassle of going to the video store to get the next few worn tapes… and then if the next episode is unavailable?!!? (It’s happened.)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home