Friday, December 31, 2004

New Years Resolutions 2005

New Years is my absolute favorite holiday - closely followed by Valentines. I've never had the intestinal fortitude it takes to reinvent myself, but I've always kinda wanted to and the New Year allows 24 hours for this fantasy. This time of year I find myself thinking about all the idealistic changes I certainly could make... and then I toss it for an achievable list of reinvention.


I after making an achievable list, I scrap it for doing whatever I happened to be doing anyhow. On second thought, that isn't really a resolution, is it? No.

"Resolutions"

  • Loose 15 pounds Continue to wholly enjoy Champaign and brie from top to bottom with every atom of myself
  • Go to a venue and tango holes in my shoes Take a tango class
  • Have a wild love affair with a dark and dangerous somebody Get married
  • Learn everything there is to know about advertising Ask more questions
  • Read 12 of the Classics Read less trash and more substance
  • Laugh more & cry less

2 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

What about: Start up a black-market ephedra bootlegging operation and become the most influential Mafia Kingpin (Queenpin?) in the whole Midwest.

8:07 PM  
Blogger cl said...

I hear you ... I'm going to read all 62 Agatha Christie novels in order. Forget the highbrow stuff!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home