Sunday, November 21, 2004

This is not a eulogy.

I should follow up here and mention something about my friend who was recently diagnosed with lymphatic cancer before I put this subject neatly away.

He is of the live fast and die young variety and true to form, today he has taken a plane to the Philippines to live out the rest of his time. There he will eat strange foods, drink copious amounts of alcohol, fight in the streets and love many women.

It's unlikely I will hear from him again.

Much love always Mike. You will be dearly missed.

Drink of choice: Sapphire and tonic
Trademark fight solicitation phrase: "Ahhhh...My sweet prince."
Choice in women: Dark and fast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... I came across your blog randomly. My husband and I lost a friend Saturday to cancer. She was 49. I can't make any sense of it, either. I hope you and your friend, and your families and friends, find comfort.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Thank you.

I've never personally known anyone to have cancer before just recently. Unfortunately, this year there are three people in my inner circle who were diagnosed: My great aunt, who is fighting it naturally. The Fiancée's grandmother who is fighting it pharmaceutically. And our 25 year old friend who believes in reincarnation and decided to press the reset button to try this life over again.

Very suddenly I am in touch with mortality.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home