Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Life and longing

Tired, so tired. I haven't worked like this since I was in college.

When I was in high school, I couldn't wait to ditch my idiot classmates and get on with college. Surely in college people would be open minded, interesting - educated. But no, I met bruisers, greeks and stuffed shirts in training.

Yes, there were those golden few individuals that I fell in love with. The spontaneous, the original, the literary...but I knew for sure that when I finished college and got out of the business school, things would be different.

When I wormed my way into my first job at the ad agency I was absolutely thrilled. Finally! Creatives, designers, directors and even writers. ::swoon:: People who would be open minded, interesting and educated! But again, no. Again I didn't fit in.

(perhaps due to the fact that the people in high school were the same type of people in college and were the exactly the same type of people in businesses, eh?)

Where are those great lots of people who know what they're talking about and care about something? Am I in the wrong country? The wrong walk of life?

No, It's probably my fault that I find the masses nauseating. There is about 3% of the population I enjoy, but obviously this isn't the case for everybody. Is there some sort of training manual out there someone would be kind enough to recommend? Something that could tell me how to play nice with others. Something that would show me how to discover the pleasures of talking to colleagues. Something by Dale Carnegie perhaps?

Or maybe I should just fuckit and work until I die like everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home