Monday, October 25, 2004

Mountains and Politics

The Fiancé has pointed out that my writing style has become sort of sassy and bitchy. My apologies dear readers. (both of you)

This weekend the boy and I took a little road trip to see our friends, Top and Bottom, in Kentucky. (Synopsis: They lived in Michigan, she took a job in Kentucky - then got fired and was stranded in the bible belt.) The drive into the Smoky Mountains was beautiful and Cincinnati looks like it would be a cool place to live, as far as Midwestern towns go.

Bottom had to work, but Top was so happy to see us, she entertained us relentlessly. We purchased Kentucky Amish pumpkins, visited a cat rescue, and watched "Coffee and Cigarettes." (which we all agreed was over rated) It was Top's birthday and because they live in a dry county we brought beer and vodka. We celebrated.

If pets resemble their owners, it is particularly true with Top. Top owns a 15 lb, fire orange, demon cat, Buttercup. (That's his name. Really.) Buttercup is basically an angry ball of fluff, claws and fangs. As we did the last time we visited, we cooperated to clip Buttercup's nails. It's a dangerous job, but with four adults we managed it. Bottom's cat, by the way, is a timid gray sweetheart who just wants you to like her.

On the way back I listened to national public radio and got rather depressed. Did you know that Walmart is building a store at the foot of pre-Aztec pyramid ruins? Yeah. Yes, yes, I know there are thousands of injustices going on every second of every day. I just fixated on this. Then I listened to more of the election business, which continued to depress me.

Luckily, I know people who like me and send me off to little areas of the Internet to make me smile. Normally I'm not a proponent of propaganda, but someone sent me this link to a clip of Will Ferrell impersonating Bush. It made my sides ache. Enjoy at will, but be warned - 1. This does not flatter the President. 2. People with my sense of humor seem few and far between.

Send all hate mail direct to my email. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home