Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My Special Agent

Today I drove Mrs. Big Boss and her partner in crime business to the airport where they flew to Dallas. It was a lovely day so we took Big Boss's little Bichon Frise doggie and on the 45 minute drive there we reviewed two press releases and a guide we are producing (never a moment lost).

Partner had the marvelous suggestion to go on a "Working Spa Retreat Weekend" We would go to a hotel, have daily massages, eat fabulous dinners and work like dogs all weekend. Because we usually work like dogs on the weekend anyhow, in addition to the regular fair, we would be getting spa treatments and eating out. I love working with these women! I dropped them off at the airport, unloaded their bags and made my way back to the office.

As I said, it was a lovely day and it was just me and the fluffy white dog in someone else's expensive car. I used Mrs. Big Bosses stylish sunglasses and reapplied my lipstick and - I assure you - I looked just like a movie star.

To extend the experience, I made an unscheduled stop at an exit promising specialty coffee and treated myself with a large java. Special Agent Cooper would have been pleased.

"Harry, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just ... let it happen." - philosophy of Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)



2 Comments:

Blogger cl said...

Thanks ... I didn't miss an episode or line from "Twin Peaks" ... but that line has stayed with me the most.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Noir Muse said...

Thanks. I feel Twin Peaks makes a good test of character. I never met a Peaks fan I didn't like.

Cheers,
Carrie

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home