Monday, September 20, 2004

The Great Escape

This evening Mortimer escaped. That little fucker.

Mortimer The Cat

He is so affectionate and loving, who else has a cat who comes when you call him? He insists on spooning with me at night, and his fur is exquisite. He is an absolute darling. This being the case, I was very distraught when he went AWOL.

Somehow he figured out how to open the small doggie door in our apartment and realized it was a much easier way to get outside than his previous escape plans. He had been sneaking out now and then by positioning himself next to the door in the shadows and running his furry ass outside anytime someone would enter or exit.

Naturally, I figured the fiancé had let Mortimer escape, and I blamed the incident on his oversight when we realized the cat was gone.

It was getting dark, so we got a flashlight and looked all over the yard and into the woods for the beast. I crept down the length of our neighbors backyards with a flashlight; setting off motion detectors and dogs.

I had almost given up hope when the fiancé noticed the motion detectors again at the neighbors house when we far enough away not to set them off. And sure enough, there was Mortimer sniffing around the porch three doors down.

He wasn't too hard to catch, he waddled back toward our apartment just out of reach. Of course I stepped into a muddy ditch drain and fell, which really rounded out my mood.

I am so relieved and delighted to have that little shit back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home