Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Names That Draw And Repel.

What is it about the literary folk that draws me so?

It's something that just keeps reoccurring in my life. It makes no sense to me. It's something that should be arbitrary, but it insists on being consistent - like peoples names and personality. It never fails.

Women named "Jen" and I never, ever get along. We are mortal combatants every time. (except for that one Jen, you know who you are - and we did have a rocky beginning didn't we?) If you are reading this and your name is Jen, I'm sure you are a nice person - just don't message me, ok? We will never like one another and anything you say is sure to irk me.

Men named "Dave" are extremely attractive and thus I try to avoid you due to your sensitive nature. Please, please, please, don't take anything I say or do to you seriously. I really don't mean it. I am terribly attracted to you but it doesn't mean I'm going home with you. For god sakes, stop crying.

Men named "Mike" are compelling. These are the people I'd spend the whole night drinking with. You are so interesting, opinionated, and clever. Just don't let your wife, Jen, get too upset.

All "Linda" women can go to hell. Skinny bitches.

Those "Becky" girls - so cute and wild and almost always blonde. Are you really having such a great time - or are you just pretending? You have probably already realized I follow you around and live vicariously through you. I want to be you - unfortunately I'm stuck being me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Noir Muse said...

Oooh, and why are those sweeeeeet computer hacker boys always named Jason? Why?

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home