Friday, August 20, 2004

It's Alive.

So what's new.

I'm making mead. It's a nice DIY kinda project. I've decided that I like working with cultures. Geeze I sound like a mad scientist.

You know - cultures. Sourdough batter, bread, yogurt, vinegar. I've made all of them to varying degrees of success. It's weird to watch a mold or bacteria growing and knowing that when the time is right you will voluntarily eat it.

Now my mead is fermenting. In a bucket. With a gurgling air lock. The yeasties are growing for sure because every 30 seconds or so the lock burps. I'm keeping it at a healthy warm temperature with a little space heater and a towel. Sometimes I lay on the floor and watch the fermenting gurgling lock, sometimes I rub the bucket lovingly.

Madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home